Since I am a big fan of baking I decided to show you a great recipe for English Scones.
Scones are best enjoyed with clotted cream and jam in an English tea salon.
As preparing clotted cream is pretty time-consuming (not impossible!) I used heavy cream.
~ 450 flour
~ 2 tbs. of sugar
~ pinch of salt
~ 50 g butter
~ 2 tsp. of baking powder OR yeast
~ 250 ml milk
1. Mix flour, salt and baking powder (or yeast) together and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the sugar and small bits of butter.
3. Lastly pour the milk over the mixture and knead the dough with your hands.
4. As soon as the dough is soft and all ingredients are well incorporated form small scones.
5. Put the pieces of dough on a baking tray and spread some milk on top.
6. Put it in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or as soon as they become slightly golden)
7. Once finished take them out and let them cool.
If you have any recommendations for making scones or have certain "Scones rituals" please tell me in the comment section below.
Thank you for reading!